UMT IT 360
UMT IT 360 combines application portfolio management (APM), IT financial management and IT project portfolio management (ITPPM) best practices to provide an Integrated Portfolio Management system for effectively Running the Business of IT.
Connect your application, service, infrastructure and project portfolios to build One IT Portfolio and effectively gain visibility and control across 100% of IT budget and spend.
IT Business Planning & Management
With IT budgets reaching hundreds of millions of dollars, CIOs find themselves under increasing pressure to reduce operating costs, improve performance and better communicate the value of IT to the business. IT Leaders often inherit a complex environment comprised of systems that have been homegrown, purchased or added through various mergers. They are then faced with the daunting task of evolving the IT portfolio to align with changing business priorities and emerging technical trends.
UMT IT 360 is an integrated IT Portfolio Management solution that consolidates asset, project, resource and financial data to provide an up-to-date blueprint of the entire IT environment. UMT IT 360 helps CIOs, IT Portfolio Managers, PMOs and CFOs effectively collaborate to identify, model and implement transformation strategies to deliver current and future state architectures that align with business priorities and drive a competitive advantage.
With UMT IT 360 you can:
|Define a simple or complex enterprise IT data model
||Maintain auditable records of financials and metrics throughout an asset's and project's lifecycle
|Gain visibility across application, service, infrastructure and project portfolios
||Utilize Business Intelligence to model transformation strategies
|Standardize meta-data and metrics for each portfolio
||Assess impact of transformation decisions through a dependency map
|Automate and harmonize governance processes
||Maintain transformation roadmaps for each asset
|Map assets to business capabilities / processes
||Gain visibility across all IT demand and O&M expenditure
|Derive cost of ownership of IT assets and projects
||Track financial performance of asset and transformation projects
|Capture cross portfolio relationships between IT assets and projects
||Develop chargeback and / or showback reports by department
|Breakdown resource requirements
||Measure portfolio performance through reports and dashboards
UMT IT 360’s powerful and rich features deliver a multitude of benefits including:
- Manage One IT Portfolio: UMT IT 360 helps IT Leaders effectively orchestrate their entire IT environment by connecting disparate IT portfolios (e.g. application, services, infrastructure and projects) and providing up-to-date metrics and financial data to support IT transformation decisions
- Drive Financial Transparency: UMT IT 360 breaks down the cost of ownership of IT assets and projects to consolidate lights-on and discretionary expenses delivering CIOs and CFOs with insightful and actionable views to enhance IT budgeting and develop a Bill of IT
- Analyze Transformation Alternatives: UMT IT 360’s powerful business intelligence capabilities help IT Leaders run Portfolio Analysis to quickly identify underperforming assets, model transformation and sourcing strategies, assess cross portfolio impact and collaborate with key stakeholders to propose IT investment roadmaps
- Control IT Demand: UMT IT 360 helps CIO and PMOs gain visibility across all IT demand by consolidating transformation initiatives resulting from the Portfolio Analysis and evaluating requests from business partners against architectural goals and strategic priorities.
- Communicate Transformation Roadmaps: UMT IT 360 helps IT Portfolio Managers effectively record planned enhancements throughout an asset's lifecycle (e.g. an application upgrade) and proactively communicate the upstream and downstream impact across related IT portfolios. The visual time-based transformation roadmap helps CIOs maintain multi-year view of all proposed changes across the connected IT Portfolio
- Measure Performance and Take Action: UMT IT 360 helps IT Portfolio Managers and PMOs establish metrics to effectively track performance of assets and projects and take corrective action as needed. The solution also helps CIOs and CFOs to set and measure the attainment of portfolio goals ( e.g. Run, Grow and Transform ratios)